Recent Articles

  1. air-pollution-cause-and-effect

    May 19, 19 10:29 AM

    Air-pollution is detroying our hibitat

    Read More

  2. Mednews-latest-informal-medical-news-items

    May 12, 19 03:34 PM

    Mednews announcements of latest treatments, medicines and discoveries

    Read More

  3. obesity-cause-and-cure

    Apr 28, 19 05:19 PM

    obesity is a growing problem worldwide.

    Read More


If you are getting on a bit and you live alone it is best to have an easy means of alerting your carers if you are in trouble. I would recommend this I use it myself.

suresafe http://amzn.to/2xWCM4s

Nov 10th 2018

The Soldier - Rupert Brooke

If I should die, think only this of me:

That there's some corner of a foreign field

That is forever England. There shall be

In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;

A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,

Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,

A body of England's, breathing English air,

Washed by the rivers, blest by the suns of home.

And think, this heart, all evil shed away,

A pulse in the eternal mind, no less

Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;

Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;

And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,

In hearts at peace, under an English heaven.

April 1st 2017

You cannot be too careful

When Wiley Day fell asleep on March 22, his iPhone was not far away. Like so many others, he had grown used to keeping his phone with him in bed, via an extension cord, as it charged overnight.

The 32-year-old Huntsville, Ala., man would soon regret that habit.

The next morning, Day woke up and rolled over. As he did so, a dog-tag necklace that he was wearing happened to catch on the exposed prongs of the charger head, which had come loose from the extension cord.

The metal chain suddenly became a conductor for the electricity — and it traveled straight to Day's neck.

The jolt he felt was "the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience," Day told The Washington Post on Friday. "I don't have enough adjectives to describe it."

Day said he was thrown from his bed to the ground. In a matter of moments, he stopped feeling anything.

"Your body is numb at that point," he said. "I guess people would think it would be burning, but in my case I felt a whole lot of pressure around my neck."

Day's eyesight started to fade, and he felt as if he were trying to see out of a peephole, with everything rendered in black and gray, he remembered.

He became acutely aware of his heartbeat, which thundered in his ear.

Day remembered shouting for his relatives, who slept on the other side of the home, until his adult niece came running into the room.

Somehow, he said, he managed to yank the necklace and pull it off.

"She said I kept yelling 'Jesus!' " Day said, referring to his niece. "When I came to and figured out what happened, I literally stood straight up, and I said, 'Oh my God, I think I just got electrocuted.' "

His niece alerted him to a sign of what had happened: There was smoke coming out of the extension cord.

Day's shirt was singed, with a small hole burned out. There were strips of skin and flesh missing where the metal chain had scorched his neck. And the pattern of the necklace was burned into parts of his hands where he had gripped the chain to try to tear it off.

"Had I not pulled that necklace off when I did ..." Day said. "I just believe that God spared my life, and that's what happened."

He rushed to see his doctor, who admitted him into a hospital immediately. Doctors determined that Day had suffered second- and third-degree burns to his hands and neck.

Benjamin Fail, a Huntsville physician, told WAAY News that 100 volts of electricity can kill a person. He estimated that Day had been hit with about 110 volts. "He is lucky to be alive," Fail told the station. "Electrocution kills."

Fail did not respond to The Washington Post's request for comment.

After three days in the hospital, Day was released.

According to the American Burn Association, there are, on average, 400 electrocution deaths and 4,400 injuries caused electrical hazards each year in the United States. Though the majority of those deaths and injuries occur in the workplace, the group recommends taking precautions when using appliances and other electrical devices at home — including extension cords.

"Hot plugs and sockets are often caused by deteriorated connections to the cord wires," the group says on its website. "Many older cords are made with small wire that can overheat easily. Check the temperature of extension cords when they are in use. If they are hot to the touch, disconnect the appliance."

Extension cords are the cause of about 4,700 residential fires each year, resulting in about 50 deaths and 280 injuries annually, according to the group, which cited statistics from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The commission recommends throwing away old extension cords that don't have safety features such as polarized blades, a large plug face and safety closures.

Though doctors told Day that he had suffered a freak accident, and it took several days before he could return to sleeping in the room where the accident happened. "If you've ever seen that show '1000 Ways to Die,' that's kind how this situation was," he said.

Dangerous Goods

Jan12th 2016

Beware of imported laser toys that are many times more powerful than those you can legally buy in England, they are strong enough to damage your eyes permanently, children have already been hurt.

Dangerous goods come in many categories we will talk first about toys, all our children are valuable commodities and very precious to us, the last thing we want to do is to harm them by buying toys that are unsafe, western countries have quite good safety standards and the western manufacturers are not allowed to sell their produce until the authorities past them as safe.

Unfortunately a lot of toys manufactured in countries with lower standards slip through the net to be sold in markets and second rate toy shops, they are very often rejected because they present a menace to our children, if you can easily detach small objects that can be swallowed by a small child there obviously not safe, and the fillings in the soft toys can have very dubious origins.

Toys for older children that discharge missiles are very often an object of criticism, arrows and pellets can do a lot of damage to both children and adults, many accidents have been caused by juvenile chemistry sets, these should the only to be used with the proper protection, particularly protect your eyes you will only get one set and they’re not replaceable.

Everything in the nursery should be given deep scrutiny you should worry about the material, the paint, the size and that’s just the cot, and a walking toddler will put fingers and lots of other objects in any hole that is accessible, make sure your power outlets have protective covers and your cupboards have child safety catches.

Keep all medicines out of reach and discard safely any that you no longer require, before you medicate your child double check and check again that the medicine is suitable and that you are giving the right dose. 

The latest warning that you may not even think of, concerns washing machine sashays the material in them can be very harmful if the child bites them open and swallows the contents.

The other thing that is in the news is the danger of mothers holding their toddlers on their laps to help them go down the slide's in the playground, there are many broken legs caused if you do not keep the child's legs securely in your lap, apparently legs get twisted backwards by their shoes catching on the side of the slide.

Dangerous food items and recalled drugs are covered in other sections

Fortunately with modern communication systems these menacing situations can be monitored easily and warnings issued by local government, civil defense, police, local radio and television, or maybe you haven’t got those devices on or you may be away from home.

- -

we advise the World

AWeber Click Automations - Click this, send that