QGDZMkaLfvAaanCECaPkoiq9mAZ34SDHgdD9W1Nj1IA

Recent Articles

  1. Mednews-latest-informal-medical-news-items

    Nov 13, 18 11:47 AM

    Mednews announcements of latest treatments, medicines and discoveries

    Read More

  2. Biological-Contamination-is-dangerous-to-your-health

    Nov 13, 18 11:44 AM

    Biological-Contamination caused by an invasion of organisums

    Read More

  3. wildfire-danger-causes-evacuation-prevention

    Nov 12, 18 01:13 PM

    Wildfire what you can do to be safe

    Read More

rabies

rabies a killer disease

Aug 14th 2018

Woman Dies After Getting Nipped by Her New Puppy

A tiny nip from a puppy may have led to a fatal infection for a Wisconsin woman, according to news reports.

The woman, 58-year-old Sharon Larson of South Milwaukee, had just adopted a puppy when it nipped her and caused a small cut, according to local news outlet WTMJ. Larson soon began experiencing flu-like symptoms, and her husband took her to the hospital.

Within just two days, Larson had died, WTMJ reported.

Larson tested positive for Capnocytophaga, a bacterium commonly found in the mouths of dogs and cats, which can spread through bites, scratches and even licks from pets. Although most people who have contact with dogs and cats won't get sick with Capnocytophaga, in rare cases, the bacteria can cause illness, and even death, in people, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). [11 Ways Your Beloved Pet May Make You Sick]

"I was told she could get struck by lightning four times and live, win the lottery twice … that's how rare this is supposed to be," Sharon Larson's husband, Dan Larson, told WTMJ. 

People are at greater risk of Capnocytophaga infection if they have weakened immune systems — for example, if they have cancer, diabetes or HIV — or if they've had their spleen removed, the CDC says. (It's unclear if Larson had a condition that weakened her immune system.) Most infections with the bacteria occur in people older than 40, the CDC says.

Although infections with Capnocytophaga are rare, they can be deadly: About 30 percent of people who get infected with Capnocytophaga die, and some infections can lead to death within 24 to 72 hours after symptoms appear, according to the CDC.

In an unrelated case, a 48-year-old man in Wisconsin recently developed a blood infection with Capnocytophaga that required doctors to amputate his legs and parts of his arms. In that man's case, doctors think a dog was also the likely source of the infection.

 

An elderly woman spent two weeks in hospital and near death all because her dog licked her face.

Rabies is a very nasty infection that can be passed to humans not only by dogs but by a range of other creatures so if you see anything with foam around the mouth stay well clear and report it to the authorities.

You should also consider whether you are at risk from poisonous insects and reptiles few of these bites are fatal but can be very damaging and should be treated immediately, seek medical advice straight away, anti-venom could save your life.

If you suffer from any wound that breaks the skin you should seek medical advice, you may need tetanus and anti-rabies injections, they are readily available from most medical facilities.  It is very important that you do this as soon as possible after the wound has been inflicted.

If you are in an area strange to you, do your research, ask the locals and read the warning signs carefully, if you are in an area where there is a possibility of an attack think again do you really want to be there.

- -

Buzcall.com
we advise the World